What is Liability Vacant Land?

Liability Coverage limits can be found on the Coverage tab in the Portal for all policy types. This coverage is traditionally referred to as Coverage E.

An Openly policy will only extend liability to other land owned by the Policyholder, and this land must be vacant (no structures present).

An example of vacant land.


The policy cannot be endorsed to reflect coverage / add an address for the vacant land because the coverage is built into the policy for all vacant land owned by the Insured that is separate from the residence premises.

Liability coverage would extend to vacant land with underground water wells.

An example of land with a structure present (the fence).


Liability coverage does not extend to:

  • Vacant land that is leased to others
  • Vacant land that is used for farming activities
  • Vacant land occupied by a travel trailer, camper, or RV

To request an endorsement to the liability limit for an in force policy, reach out via our webform or Live Chat.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful