What is Loss of Use (Coverage D)?

Loss of Use coverage, also known as Coverage D, can be found on the Coverage tab in the Portal for all policy types. Unlike traditional coverage based on a time duration, ours is based on a coverage limit, which can be fully customized, ranging from 0 to 100% of RCE.

For HO-5 policies, Loss of Use covers any additional costs incurred by the Policyholder if they cannot live in their home due to damage caused by a covered peril.

For HO-3 policies, Loss of Use coverage also includes coverage for loss of rental income.

If a loss covered under Section I renders the rented portion of the residence premises uninhabitable, we will cover the Fair Rental Value minus any expenses that do not continue while it is uninhabitable. Payment will be made for the shortest time required to repair or replace the premises.

To request an endorsement to adjust the Coverage D limit for an existing policy, contact us through our webform or via Live Chat.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful